It’s not often that one sees American media products focusing on India, and the CNN.com special on our country is a refreshing departure.
It’s not a skim-the-surface kind of magazine – it’s surprisingly almost Economist-ish in the width and depth.
The special, Eye on India, is a curious collection of features and ranges in timeline from the very recent to the not-so-recent. The list of stories below is only indicative of all that is on the microsite, but I thought I’d put it there to save you one click.
There’s a poll on the page, too. Asking visitors whether they thought India and Pakistan would ever solve the Kashmir issue. Out of 7000 votes cast when I visited the page, more than 60% thought that the problem was here to stay.
My favourite feature? The one on the dance bar girls.
Helping hand for rural women
• 'Imitate' gives way to 'innovate'
• The new faces of outsourcing
• India and China: Rivals or partners?
• A eunuch's tale from the slums
• Unlikely hero for unclaimed bodies
• India takes stage as global player
• Bar dance girls on the march
• India's energy appetite balloons